MENU CLOSE

Your Guide to Monat Shampoo

This Monat Shampoo Guide will  help you choose the right one for you!

Monat Shampoo has been helping people change the way their hair feels and looks since 2014. I want to help you! Because everyones’ hair issues are not the same, Monat created different products that target specific hair issues. My job is to help you pick the right one. So, treat this article as your guide to choosing the right shampoo for you.

SHOP NOW and see how Monat can help your hair, or simply read on!

What is your hair problem?

Now a days because of the toxins and chemicals our hair endures, I want to say 4 out of 5 people will complain of not liking the overall health of their hair. Just from the people you know, who do you know that does not have thinning hair or balding, or some other issue with their hair? What about hair breaking off or hair that just feels dull and dry?

Whatever your hair issue, Monat has the right shampoo for you.

Intense Repair Treatment Shampoo:

This Monat Shampoo is designed to intensely clean your hair and scalp. It breaks down any product build up. Acting as a heat protectant and providing protection from being exposed to the sun and heat,  it also helps the natural regrowth of hair. Because it penetrates and nurtures the scalp, it improves hair follicle strength, thus, reducing hair thinning.

Intense Repair Shampoo provides maximum strength for extreme hair thinning and/or balding.

Natural Hair ProductsThis Monat Shampoo is for anyone that has noticeably thinning hair or worse, balding. It is formulated with invigorating mint and rosemary, both active ingredients for hair growth. What really makes this shampoo special is that it has 2 times the amount of Red Clover Extract which promotes fast hair growth, over the other Monat Shampoo’s; Renew & Revive. IR Shampoo provides maximum strength, growth & density, quickly reducing scalp inflammation and DHT build up in the scalp. This allows rapid repair of what is limiting & reducing hair growth. I call this guy a “brothers best man” because it’s been known to help many males suffering with balding. But not just men; those of you who are women suffering from post-partum hair loss or hair loss due to illnesses, stress or other environmental damage, this is your man!

SHOP for your IRT Shampoo HERE!

More on IRT Shampoo Ingredients:

It also contains ingredients such as Procataline, which helps maintain healthy levels of antioxidants in follicles to combat premature thinning while protecting color and shine. Capixyl prevents and reduces scalp inflammation, strengthens and thickens hair while stimulating natural growth. This shampoo as well as all other Monat Shampoo is infused with Rejuveniqe oil. It is Monat’s own proprietary blend of unique oils containing essential powerfully active botanical ingredients. And last but not least, Crodasorb, which is a UV absorber that helps protect hair from sun damage.

Is Intense Repair Treatment Shampoo for you?

If your hair is damaged, is thinning, or if you have a dry scalp, or maybe you just need volume and hydration? This shampoo is for you!

Renew Shampoo

This baby increases hair brilliance, strength and vitality. The Renew shampoo is a salt and sulfate-free gentle hydrating cleanser. It also deeply penetrates and moisturizes the scalp. This helps boost the natural growth of hair and improves follicle strength. Thus, it helps reduce hair thinning. But that’s not all; it supports the restoration of the hair’s youthful vitality by adding essential moisture back into the hair. This type of shampoo you want to let sit in your hair for 3-5 minutes.

SHOP for RENEW Shampoo in my Store Now!

Is the Renew Shampoo for you?

This Monat Shampoo is our Hydration Line Shampoo. It is formulated with the highest concentration of our own product; Rejuvenique Oil Intensive. The Renew Shampoo also includes multiple gentle cleansers to remove different types of dirt & grime. It is an excellent humectants & emollients to leave your strands hydrated, soft, supple, & full of shine. This gorgeous shampoo is salt & sulfate free, penetrates & moisturizes the scalp and boosts hair health and growth. This bad boy will restore your hair to a more youthful appearance. If you’re wondering if it’s safe for color treated hair, well yes it is and it is also safe to use on hair extensions. If you have very frizzy hair that is lacking volume, hydration, shine, texture and smoothness, this is your friend. Also, if you have an oily scalp or oily hair like me, you also need this hydrating shampoo that will give you a shine with out the “greasiness”.

Revive Shampoo

This bad boy helps increase hair density, strength and manageability. It gives instant volume, strengthens hair follicles and reduces hair thinning as well. It will give your hair a youthful look-a “revived look”.

More on this:

This shampoo is Bombshell Volume! Revive is designed for fine, limp and lifeless and works to increase volume, bounce, vitality & brilliance. The combination of all the cleansers in this bad boy work in-sync to leave hair strands clean, hydrated, & “pumped up”. Revive helps increase hair health, density, and focuses on scalp health. Scalp health is very crucial when trying to revive hair back to life; when you want a tough problem to go away, you take care of  the root of it. Same is here; if you desire healthy hair, you want a healthy scalp first. This Monat shampoo does exactly that; it works to improve scalp health.

SHOP Revive Shampoo Here!

It will also enhance your hair volume and provide your strands with weightless moisture. Revive is a blend of ingredients that improve comb ability, reduce friction, static, & tangling. Hair becomes more manageable when you “Revive” it. Revive shampoo does not leave your hair greasy as some of the other volumizing products you buy at a drug store.

Is the Revive Shampoo for you?

Monat ShampooIf you’ve noticed that your hair breaks a lot, this shampoo will definitely be the one for you. Also, if you have very fine, limp hair and need body and volume-he’s the man! It’s seriously a miracle shampoo. I recently received a text from a friend who couldn’t believe how much volume she got from the first wash! It’s impressive.

Not just for the ladies!

All three of the Monat shampoo can be used by men. I know my husband loves my Renew Shampoo. I actually had to tell him it’s off limits for him because I need it more than him. Good thing Monat has a shampoo for men, otherwise I’d need to hide it from him!

SHOP Monat Black, 2-in-1 HERE!

The Monat Black 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner is a system that cleanses and conditions while maintaining essential moisture and balance for youthful, healthy hair. It penetrates and nurtures the scalp while helping boost natural hair growth and improve follicle strength to reduce hair thinning. This one is my favorite and it has been everyones’ favorite since it came out. If you’re at a loss which one to buy, go with this one for sure! Hands down the best product Monat made so far!

You can purchase any of these products in my store. Make sure to use my sponsor ID-319182

Your Easy Guide:

Here’s and easy visual guide below so that you can find your perfect product.

So, which Monat Shampoo is YOURS?Monat Shampoo

If you would like to request some free samples of any of these Monat Shampoo please let me know by leaving a comment below.

46 Comments

Join the discussion and tell us your opinion.

Maryreply
October 14, 2017 at 08:10 PM

I need something for a dry itchy scalp as well as inner ears and neck. This has been going on for years and is embarrassi g because of flakes and hair loss. Got any ideas? Mary
mesweaver5@gmail.com

October 17, 2017 at 02:10 AM
– In reply to: Mary

Hi Mary, I’m sorry to hear about your discomfort. I will email you directly but as far as dry and itchy scalp, I would recommend the Intense Repair Shampoo and the rejuveniqe oil for the rest of the problems. Rejuveniqe has been proven to help dry itchy skin as well as Eczema. I will send you samples if you could please send me your address to my email dinasemikina@gmail.com
Thank you!

Ashley Rieglerreply
October 16, 2017 at 06:10 PM

Hello, I’d love to try a sample of Monat hair care. My hair is breaking off and tends to be frizzy that’s to wavy hair 😁

October 17, 2017 at 02:10 AM
– In reply to: Ashley Riegler

Hi Asheley, Im sorry my back office was down for a while and I am just now able to see your comment. I would need your address to send you samples. Can you email me at dinasemikina@gmail.com and I would be more than happy to send you samples!

Mendy Websterreply
October 21, 2017 at 09:10 PM

I am wanting to order a system. However…. it’s hard to choose which system is best for me. The quiz seams to not be working right now. I believe I would really like the Intense Repair Shampoo. What are your opinions on this one? If you have samples of this… they would be greatly appreciated. At this point- I believe any system would work-

Thanks so much-
Mendy

October 21, 2017 at 09:10 PM
– In reply to: Mendy Webster

Hi Mendy. Yes the Intense Repair shampoo is very good if you’re hair really needs intense therapy. I started with this after many years of wearing extensions and ruining my hair. I would highly recommend it. I dont have samples at this moment, I actually just sent in my last one today, but I did order some and they will come next week. If you dont want to wait till next week (it’ll actually be longer cuz i’ll have to send them your way so you’ll be waiting a bit over a week…) you can order the system today and you have 30 days to try it and if you dont love it, you can send it back and get all your money back. I will also email you just so we can communicate further. (Yes I apologize, the quiz link isn’t working right now. They’re working on it. But I did include the colorful cheat-sheet at the bottom of my post so you can use that to see which one you’d prefer).

Parisreply
October 22, 2017 at 04:10 PM

Hi, my hair has been falling out like crazy. I dont have thick hairvto begin with. I just want to keep what I have. I’ve been looking at the reviews. This line seems to have helped a lot of people but I have also seen negative reviews about hair falling out more which is a bit concerning for me. I don’t want to pay all of that money and it not work for me.. I’d love a free sample to see it is what I’m looking for.

October 22, 2017 at 09:10 PM
– In reply to: Paris

Sure I can send you a sample. Ive been using this product a long time now and I actually didn’t notice in “increase” of hair shedding. It actually was the opposite for me, I had less fall out and my overall hair health was improving drastically. (It’s normal to have some fallout; usually hair falls out when the hair follicles are enlarging for new hairs to begin to grow, when the scalp gets rid of old cells and dormant hair 🙂 ) Our products target hair thinning and help hair grow fast as well as help new hair to start growing. I will email you so that you can give me your address. I actually just ran out of samples but ordered some last night so I’ll get them soon and will send you some!

Melanie Isabellreply
October 27, 2017 at 09:10 PM

I would love some samples too please. My hair used to be thick, shiny and silky… but since chemo, it is dry, dull and my curls are flat, not to mention a lot thinner. Please help?

November 01, 2017 at 01:11 AM
– In reply to: Melanie Isabell

I will definitely send you samples. I’ll email you from my dinasemikina@gmail.com email to get your address. I’m really sorry you had to go through something as tough as Chemo.

Dawnreply
October 28, 2017 at 05:10 PM

My hair is dry and my scalp is itchy. I have very thick, natural wavey hair and usually let it air dry, but sometimes blow dry and flat iron. Is this something you would use every time you wash your hair or once in a while. I wash my hair about every 2-3 days.

November 01, 2017 at 01:11 AM
– In reply to: Dawn

For an itchy scalp I recommend Intense Repair Shampoo. Unfortunately I’m still waiting for my samples to ship, But i’d be happy to send you a shape that would help you in general with dry hair. Can you please email me your address? to dinasemikina@gmail.com

Annareply
November 04, 2017 at 03:11 AM

My hair is naturally curly and starting to gray. It looks and feels dry, it’s mostly frizzy and very dull. I do not use a hair dryer. I wash it twice a week with shampoo; but do condition it most everyday. My main concerns are the dry, frizzy and dull look along with the globs of fallen hair after every wash. Which products would you recommend. Thank you for your time.

November 09, 2017 at 01:11 AM
– In reply to: Anna

Hi Anna, since your hair needs hydration I would recommend a hydrating conditioner such as the Smoothing Deep Conditioner; it works on all hair types to nourish, control frizz and add brilliant shine. It is light enough for daily use and does not weigh hair down. It restores softness and shine, and protects hair from humidity.It seems like you need really intense therapy for your hair and because you have lot off fall out I would recommend our Intense Repair Treatment System. It includes a shampoo and Intense Repair Spray. Both product are highly concentrated with Red Clover extract so that will help with hair growth and regrowth. All of our products also help with volume so that your hair won’t look dull and have umpth. I would love to send you some samples. I’ll email you so that you can give me your address to send you some samples so that you can get a taste of what are products feel like. -D

Kristyreply
November 10, 2017 at 03:11 PM

Hi, I’m not sure which products would be best for me. I have extremely thin hair to start with and it’s been thinning even more as the years pass. I dye it blonde so I do have a ton of breakage and damaged ends, but I have an oily scalp. I would love some samples. Which products do you think would be best to help with the thinning and breakage but not make my scalp even more oily? Thanks!

November 11, 2017 at 12:11 AM
– In reply to: Kristy

Hi Kristy, I would recommend or Intense Repair shampoo, it helps with oil scalp and also has the highest concentration of Red Clover Extract which helps hair growth. Revitalize conditioner is also what I recommend to anyone with an oily scalp; (although I never recommend putting any conditioner on roots. I would recommend using any conditioner on stands and ends especially if you have a problem with an oily scalp). Revitalize is a sort of a hydrating and deep conditioner that will also help hair breakage. Because your hair is chemically treated and is breaking off I would also recommend the Replenish Mask 🙂 I’ll also email you just so I can help you further if you have any more questions.

Julie Brownreply
November 20, 2017 at 03:11 AM

Desperately need something for frizzy hair

November 20, 2017 at 04:11 AM
– In reply to: Julie Brown

Hi Julie, I’d be happy to send you a sample 🙂 I’ll email you for your address 🙂

Lizreply
November 28, 2017 at 04:11 AM

Hi, I have super thin and very little hair… my hair takes for ever to grow which one do you recommend for me?

December 09, 2017 at 10:12 PM
– In reply to: Liz

Hi Liz, I will email you so that we can talk more and I can send you samples. I would recommend the Let it Grow System.

kimreply
December 08, 2017 at 07:12 PM

Hi my daughter has oily hair even when washing daily (showers in evening and next morning looks oily)- also has dandruff. I have dandruff and itchy scalp also. My youngest one gets almost like sores on her scalp w dandruff too… HELP!! we use salon shampoo and shower daily so idk what the deal is.. we have tried many many products. would love samples and recommendations.

December 09, 2017 at 10:12 PM
– In reply to: kim

Hi Kim, I’m sorry you’re having such a struggle with your hair and your daughters as well. I will be happy to send all three of you samples. For a dry scalp we have the Intense Repair Treatment System which includes hydrating shampoo and hydrating conditioner. It’s also one that is infused with red clover extract which will restore your hair quicker and make it grow fast and healthy. I will email you so that you can give me your address to send samples

Frankie Simondsreply
December 26, 2017 at 05:12 PM

I’m am a 50 year old women with a lot of hormone issues going on. I do get my hair highlites and a regular 4 month basis. I have naturally curly hair that has always been very dry. Recently experiencing a lot of breakage and thinning. Which product would you recommend? Can you send me samples. Thank you

December 26, 2017 at 11:12 PM
– In reply to: Frankie Simonds

Hi Frankie, I would recommend Revive shampoo, Replenish Mask, the Revitalize conditioner or the Restore-Leave-In (or both conditioners since one hydrates and the leave in protect from damage). The mask is very hydrating and is really good if your hair is breaking like you said. The Revive shampoo is our most hydrating and moisturizing shampoo which will also help you from breakage. It’s infused with red clover extract and rejuvanique oil: the oils in our line help with hydrating, and the clover is what makes your hair grow fast and thicker. Please email me your address and I’d be happy to send you samples.

Jackie B.reply
December 28, 2017 at 04:12 AM

Hi, I have been losing a lot of hair recently. I used to have very thick hair. My scalp has also been pretty itchy for the past few years. I’d love to try out the Intense Repair shampoo and Renew shampoo if possible? Is that what you would recommend? Thanks so much!

December 28, 2017 at 10:12 PM
– In reply to: Jackie B.

Yes that is exactly what I would recommend. We also have a spray that you spray onto your scalp, massage it and let it sit. You use it 2-3 times a day and see new hair growth. It’s part of the Let it Grow system. But I’d start for you with the IRT shampoo 🙂 I’ll email you so that you can send your address.

Kellyreply
January 01 at 06:01 AM

My hair is thin. It breaks off easy and is dry and brittle. I would like sample of something that might work for this. Not sure which one I need.

January 01 at 09:01 PM
– In reply to: Kelly

Hi Kelly, I would recommend you start with our Intense Repair System; it’s good for hair growth, restoring hair and also helps hydrating and moisturizing hair so that it won’t break. I’d also recommend the Revive shampoo; it’s infused with Rejuvaniqe oil which helps moisturize hair and makes it soft and silky; I’d also recommend our mask. I’ll email you to get your address to send you samples.

mitzi drennanreply
January 02 at 10:01 PM

You seem to know a lot about Monat so I need some help. I have thin, semi-curly short hair. I would like to order some styling products but not sure if I need moxie magnifying mousse, thickening spray, tousled texturing mist or a mixture of these three. Would love some advice. Thanks so much.

January 11 at 03:01 AM
– In reply to: mitzi drennan

Hi Mitzi, so the Moxie Mousse is infused with REJUVENIQE, which helps to condition the hair while providing a touchable soft hold. It Supports weightless body and volume without any stiffness (like after regular mousse), or crunchiness. With it you can get an all-over fuller look and feel for thin and flat hair. It contains ingredients such as Crodasorb which helps protect the hair against harmful UV rays which can lead to dryness. This product is appropriate for all hair types and textures, including chemically and/or colour treated hair. Since it is infused with Rejuvaniqe oil, I would use it more on the surface and strands/ends; what I mean by that is I wouldn’t put it too close to roots because it has oil which moisturized but if you have thin, fine hair, it may make it a bit oily.

The Thickening Spray will give you extra body, bounce and volume to hair shaft . Provides flexible hold. I think this would be perfect for shorter, curly and thin hair.

The Tousled Texturizing Mist is awesome for creating multiple styles with a variety of textures effortlessly. So beach waves or bombshell curls….I used this every day at the beach in Miami and my hair looked like a mermaids-amazing. It’s got a non-sticky formula which is awesome cuz you dont’ feel like your hair is weighted down with product. I also love that it helps to define layers especially if you have thin hair, it’ll Add volume without weighing hair down. I also love that it’s long-lasting, second day hair is easy to fix with a touch of more mist.

My favorite though for styling my thinner hair is the Reshape Root Lifter. I spray a little onto my roots, it won’t make them oily and the volume is amazing especially if I blowdry closer to the roots of the hair.

To answer your question I think the mist and the thickening spray are the two you’d love most. I’ll email you so that you have my email incase you have more questions. Hope that helps?

Rachelreply
January 03 at 05:01 AM

I was recommended Monat, but I’m having trouble figuring out which system I should be using. I have very fine, oily hair that needs washing every day (I typically wash one day and dry shampoo the next). Can you help me, and maybe send a sample?

January 11 at 03:01 AM
– In reply to: Rachel

Hi Rachel. I’m sorry to hear about your troubles with your hair. I remember myself two years ago, fine oily hair. I know how discouraging that could be. I would be happy to send you samples. I would recommend the Renew Shampoo for you, Revitalize conditioner. Renew shampoo helps with oily scalp. The Revitalize conditioner will help you with hydration and moisturizing your scalp… Our dry shampoo is probably the best product out there; it saves me overtime. I’d recommend that just for meanwhile you’re working to restore your hair. I”ll send you a mask too, for extra hydration.

Melissa Sreply
January 06 at 03:01 PM

Hi! I have been dealing with a dry scalp with redness and itchiness in areas. It comes and goes. What would you suggest?

January 11 at 03:01 AM
– In reply to: Melissa S

HI Melissa. For dry itchy scalp you need hydration so the Revitalize Conditioner and the Renew Shampoo should do the trick. I will send you samples. I’ll also send you samples of our signature Oil that I will tell you how to use on your scalp as a mask treatment to hydrate the scalp. We do have a mask also that I recommend. I use this mask at least two times a week to have soft, moisturized and hydrated hair.

Michelle Bonnettereply
January 09 at 03:01 AM

I would love to receive some samples! I’ve been on the fence on trying monat and just get overwhelmed with which one is best for me. I defiantly want my hair to grow longer. I do color/bleach a few times a year so I’m not sure if it stops growing due to breakage or I just have slow growing hair 😩

Saturday at 11:01 PM
– In reply to: Michelle Bonnette

Hi Michelle, I’d love to send you samples. Unfortunately I don’t have any IRT or Monat Black samples left; they go fast….I would most definitely recommend the IRT Shampoo or the Black Shampoo if you want the two in one, shampoo and conditioner. These two are infused with the most amount of Red Clover Extract to help hair growth. My hair grows so fast! Also they both work great to minimize hair fall out and thinning. All of our shampoos stimulate new hair growth 🙂 I’ll email you for your address to send you what I have so far.

Alexandrareply
January 14 at 02:01 PM

Hi! I also looking trying to figure out what is best for my hair. I am stuck between the intensive repair, renew and black 2 in 1 shampoo based on my hair needs. I would love to try samples before I buy the big bottles! I think I’ve decided on the smoothing conditioner.

Friday at 04:01 AM
– In reply to: Alexandra

Hi Alexandra…I would recommend the Intense Repair if you’re also going to purchase the soothing conditioner. If you won’t be getting the conditioner, the Black shampoo is absolutely amazing. I usually recommend the IRT to anyone that is just starting out with trying to restore their hair to good health. I’m not sure if I have any samples of the IRT of Black right now. They go so fast. I can send you the other ones for now….just to give it a whirl. I”ll email you for your address.

Reneereply
Thursday at 12:01 AM

Hi! I have thick, naturally curly hair which is color treated (to cover up some gray hair) that I blow dry straight three times a week. I’m currently using the Renew Shampoo and Smoothing Deep Conditioner. My hair feels dry after blow drying and it is very frizzy. I don’t remember it being this frizzy after blow drying before using Monat, but really enjoy that Monat is a more natural product, so don’t want to give up on it yet! I did try the Blow Out Cream and it did help with the frizzy part, but not the dry part. Can you help?

Friday at 04:01 AM
– In reply to: Renee

Hm…. Since the Renew shampoo seems to not be working for you, I’d say it’s safe to move on to the IRT Shampoo. The IRT Shampoo is my go to when I have an issue I can’t solve and it seems to help. I would also recommend using our mask at least twice a week so that your hair is moisturized and hydrated… We do have a new product, rejuvabeads mist.. after blow drying, I’d spray that over your hair to smooth any frizz out. I’m not sure it’s out on the market yet. I’ll have to check…if not try the rejuvabeands and or the rejuvanique oil.I dont recommend using the oil on your scalp but putting some on your strands when they’re wet, wrapping hair in a hot wet towel and keeping it on your head tightly, will give your hair like a spa treatment and will help with the dryness.

Vanessareply
Thursday at 06:01 PM

Hi,
I am not sure what shampoo would work best for me. I have fine, colored hair that has alot of breakage. Can you help?

Friday at 04:01 AM
– In reply to: Vanessa

Hi Vanessa, I would recommend the Black shampoo for your color treated hair… It’s infused with lost of clover extract which will help new hair growth and will reduce thinning. 🙂

Kellireply
Thursday at 07:01 PM

I have heard Monat is pretty amazing. I have dry hair but at my scalp is oily. What would you recommend?

Friday at 04:01 AM
– In reply to: Kelli

Hi Kelli…. since your scalp is already oily, you should start with the Intense Repair Shampoo (IRT). IRT also helps with dry hair… the Black shampoo is really good for both as well, it also increases hair growth and reduces thinning. Please remember we do have a 30 day money back guarantee if it doesn’t work for you or if you’d like to switch shampoos 🙂

Melissa Eppersonreply
Sunday at 05:01 AM

I would love samples of whatever you recommend for a perm gone bad, frizzy hair. Thank you!

Tuesday at 02:01 AM
– In reply to: Melissa Epperson

Hi Melissa. I would recommend the Intense Repair treatment shampoo. I recommend this shampoo to anyone who needs extreme help. Sounds like your perm went bad and most likely fried your hair? I’m really sorry to hear that. The IRT Shampoo will work to restore your hair back to health. I would also recommend the soothing conditioner as it will bring moisture and hydration to your hair. I would also recommend our Replenish mask for you; I would use this mask at least 2-3 times a week; really letting it sit in your hair for at least 10-20 minutes to really hydrate your hair and give it softness. From frizziness, I’d recommend rejuvabeads; rub some on your palms and rub through hair focusing on ends. This will help mend any split ends causing frizziness and any breakaways. I will email you for your address so that I can send you samples!